Police Detain Tamil Actor Vishal After War of Words at TN Film Producers' Council
A group of producers have alleged that Vishal was involved in criminal activities, including misappropriation of funds
High drama erupted at the offices of the Tamil Nadu Film Producers’ Council today when actor Vishal and TN police engaged in a war of words. Vishal, who was later detained by the police, told a regional channel, "I have not done any mistake. They are not allowing me to go inside my office. If we ask questions they are arresting us. This is unbelievable."
This comes a day after a group of around 300 film producers who belong to the rival faction of the producers' council locked the offices demanding council president Vishal’s resignation. The group of producers alleged that Vishal was involved in a lot of criminal activities including misappropriation of funds and demanded that he hand over the accounts of the council and resign.
Producer AL Azhagappan has said that no general committee meeting had been convened after Vishal assumed office. “When he became the president, Vishal promised certain things to the members of TFPC. Those promises have not been fulfilled. He has also engaged in a lot of criminal activities,” he claimed. The protesters have also claimed that Vishal organised events without getting the General Committee's approval, which was a violation of the by-laws.
Director Bharathiraaja and a few others met Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami on Wednesday to appraise him of the turmoil in the producers' body.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 20 Written Update: Rashami Desai, Mahira Sharma and Asim Riaz Declared Safe
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right