Power Rangers Reboot in Works with The End of the F***ing World Creator
'Power Rangers' was a popular '90s TV series which chronicled the adventures of five high school students who must save the planet from alien destruction.
"Power Rangers" is getting another reboot, with Jonathan Entwistle, the man behind Netflix series "The End of the F***ing World".
The project is set up at Paramount Pictures and Entwistle is in early talks to develop a new take on the film for the studio, reported Variety.
"Power Rangers" was a popular '90s TV series which chronicled the adventures of five high school students who must save the planet from alien destruction. The Fox Kids show later spawned a 1995 movie.
In 2017, Lionsgate backed a 2017 feature reboot the title, giving the series a more young adult turn.
But the film was declared a box office debacle grossing only USD 142 million worldwide on a budget of around USD 100 million. Simultaneously, plans were scrapped for a sequel and the rights were taken back on the market.
Paramount recently acquired the rights and tapped Patrick Burleigh to write the script.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Gets Trolled for Grammy Dress, Suchitra Krishnamoorthi Defends Her
- Cardi B Looks Like Nemesis Nicki Minaj After Surgery, Feel Trolls
- Journey to the Sun: New NASA-ESA Mission to Peek at Sun's Poles for the First Time
- Australian Open: Federer Gets Warned for Obscene Language During Quarter-final vs Sandgren
- Jadeja Takes a Cheeky Dig at Sanjay Manjrekar After His 'Player of the Match' Tweet