Pretty Woman to Debut as Musical on Broadway Next Year
The musical will make its world premiere at Chicago's Oriental Theater on March 13, 2018 and will begin its Broadway run four months later
Julia Roberts in 'Pretty Woman' (Image courtesy: AFP Relaxnews)
Pretty Woman: The Musical will begin Broadway performances next July, the team behind the production announced on Tuesday.
As previously announced, the show will make its world premiere at Chicago's Oriental Theatre on March 13, 2018. It will begin its Broadway run four months later, at the Nederlander Theatre. Shows begin on July 20, with opening night set for August 16.
Pretty Woman: The Musical is based on Garry Marshall's beloved 1990 romantic comedy starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. Marshall himself is co-writing the play, while Bryan Adams is behind the original score and Tony Award winner Jerry Mitchell (Kinky Boots, Legally Blonde) is directing and choreographing.
Samantha Barks and Steve Kazee have been cast as Vivian and Edward, the unlikely couple played by Roberts and Gere in the movie. Other cast members include Kingsley Leggs, Orfeh, Eric Anderson and Jason Danieley.
Recommended For You
- England vs Australia: Finch Ready to Front-up to 'Ultra Hard' England Riposte
- AIFF Responds After I-League Clubs Threaten to Move Court if ISL Gets Top Division Status
- Ford Endeavour Rolls Over as Hyundai Santro Crashes into the SUV - Watch Video
- GST Council to Consider Reducing Tax on Electric Vehicles - Anurag Thakur
- WhatsApp Working on New Update to Improve Photo Sharing Experience
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s