Prince Turned Down Collaboration With The Notorious BIG: P Diddy
Diddy said that he planned to collaborate with Prince, who passed away in April 2016, but he refused their offer as he didn't want to be associated with the hip-hop genre
Los Angeles: Rapper P Diddy has revealed that late music icon Prince turned down a collaboration with him and late hip-hop star The Notorious B.I.G.
Diddy said that he planned to collaborate with Prince, who passed away in April 2016 from a fentanyl overdose, but he refused their offer as he didn't want to be associated with the hip-hop genre at the time, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"We met with Prince... but this was during a time when (he) wasn't really rocking with hip-hop and wasn't really clearing any samples, so that really didn't go too well," Diddy said in a video on Instagram.
"But we were always still cool with him and wound up sampling some of his records," he added.
Diddy further said: "He would just go through his phases and he came back to us and just let us know how proud he was of us and the whole thing.
"He was just really protective at one time of just what was going on as far as the whole bitch and hoe controversy. That was a real moment in hip-hop. That was a real reflection point in hip-hop where we were being kind of asked to take responsibility and think about what we were saying."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- People are Copy-Pasting Nick Jonas' Karwa Chauth Tweet but With a Hilarious Twist
- Can you Spot the Snake Hiding in Plain Sight in This Viral Photo from Australia?
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami