Prince Turned Down Collaboration With The Notorious BIG: P Diddy
Diddy said that he planned to collaborate with Prince, who passed away in April 2016, but he refused their offer as he didn't want to be associated with the hip-hop genre
Los Angeles: Rapper P Diddy has revealed that late music icon Prince turned down a collaboration with him and late hip-hop star The Notorious B.I.G.
Diddy said that he planned to collaborate with Prince, who passed away in April 2016 from a fentanyl overdose, but he refused their offer as he didn't want to be associated with the hip-hop genre at the time, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"We met with Prince... but this was during a time when (he) wasn't really rocking with hip-hop and wasn't really clearing any samples, so that really didn't go too well," Diddy said in a video on Instagram.
"But we were always still cool with him and wound up sampling some of his records," he added.
Diddy further said: "He would just go through his phases and he came back to us and just let us know how proud he was of us and the whole thing.
"He was just really protective at one time of just what was going on as far as the whole bitch and hoe controversy. That was a real moment in hip-hop. That was a real reflection point in hip-hop where we were being kind of asked to take responsibility and think about what we were saying."
Recommended For You
- LPG As Good As CNG In Curbing Pollution: Auto LPG Suppliers To PM Narendra Modi
- Haris Seferovic Hat-trick Helps Swiss Stun Belgium to Reach Semis
- Shah Rukh Khan Visits Rishi Kapoor, Neetu Singh in New York with Gauri, Suhana
- Google Wear OS Update to Make Smartwatches Live Longer
- Midnight Snack: This City Has the Most Bed Bugs in the US, Sleep Tight