Priyanka Chopra Backs AR Rahman, Terms The Social Media Criticism Rude
AR Rahman's recent London concert, with both Tamil and Hindi music, has got embroiled in a controversy.
(Photo: Yogen Shah)
Mumbai: Priyanka Chopra termed the social media criticism of Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman for singing Tamil, and not Hindi songs, "rude" at a concert in London.
"Well, first of all, that is rude. I do not know the details so I do not want to talk much about it," said the actress who is here with the cast and crew of an upcoming Marathi film which she is producing.
The actress said she is in India instead of New York attending the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards as she wants to have a birthday party with her mother and brother.
"Unfortunately IIFA and my birthday coincided. I do not get much time to spend with my brother and mum. So yes, I deserve this holiday."
Rahman's Netru, Indru, Naalai (Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow) gig at the Wembley Stadium concert on July 8 didn't hit the right chord with all his fans, especially his Bollywood-song admirers.
According to reports, some left the concert after he started singing Tamil songs and then trolled him on social media.
Rahman is currently in New York for the 18th edition of the IIFA Weekend and Awards and is yet to directly comment on the incident.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Sidharth Shukla Hospitalised Following Worsening Health Conditions Due to Typhoid
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game
- ISL 2019-20: NorthEast United FC vs Chennaiyin FC in Guwahati Postponed Due to CAB Protests
- Peeling Back the Days: The Year of the Onion – An Autobiography
- 'Anyone Can be a Hero': Google's 'Year in Search' Celebrates Those Who Inspired Us in 2019