Priyanka Chopra on Her Wedding Gown: I Wanted the Longest Veil in the World and I Got That
Priyanka Chopra got married to Nick Jonas in Jodhpur on December 1 and 2.
Priyanka Chopra. (Image: AP)
For her Christian wedding on December 1 at Jodhpur’s Umaid Bhawan Palace, Priyanka Chopra wore a stunning Ralph Lauren gown with a 75-feet long veil. For the Hindu ceremony the next day, she chose a deep-red Sabyasachi lehenga.
Talking about her sartorial choices for her wedding ceremonies, the Quantico actor told NDTV, “For me it was not about fashion. I wanted something unique. Both the dresses—red and white—were personalised for me. I had names, dates, my parents’ names... my mother-in-law’s wedding dress embroidered on mine... things that mattered to me. I wanted the longest veil in the world... My 75-foot long veil... and I got that. The outfits were personal choices.”
When asked if Nick Jonas was intimidated by the many Indian rituals, she said it was actually the other way around. “The American family was much bigger than the Indian family this time... The Jonases travel in packs. We were intimidated by them. They were well-prepared,” she said.
On her impending honeymoon with Nick, Priyanka said, “This month is filled with advertisement shoots, etc. I haven’t got a clue about the honeymoon destination. I think it’ll be a surprise. My husband’s planning it.”
On the professional front, the 36-year-old will next be seen opposite Farhan Akhtar in Shonali Bose's film The Sky Is Pink, which she is also co-producing. Talking about it, she said, "What struck me was that it's a true story... an inspiring look at death."
Follow @News18Movies for more.
Recommended For You
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt to Compete with Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, Saif Ali Khan on August 15
- Move Over PUBG, Indian Air Force is Releasing a Mobile Game Complete with 'Gunslinger Moustache'
- Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Perform Dangerous Bike Chase Stunts on Portugal's Highest Peak for War
- PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Beta Update: New UI, Helicopters, Zombie Mode Update and More
- Best and Worst Day of my Cricketing Life – Guptill Looks Back at World Cup Final