Punjab Court Issues Arrest Warrant Against Rakhi Sawant
A court in Punjab rejected the anticipatory bail application of actress Rakhi Sawant.
Image: Yogen Shah
Ludhiana (Punjab): A court here rejected the anticipatory bail application of actress Rakhi Sawant and issued a fresh arrest warrant against her for failing to appear in the court today in a case of hurting communal sentiments.
Judicial magistrate Vishav Gupta posted the matter for September 5.
Lawyers of Sawant, meanwhile, moved an application in the court of district sessions judge Gurbir Singh seeking
extension of the bail on the plea that she could not appear in the court today as she was in USA.
The district sessions judge had on August 5 granted anticipatory bail to the actress on the condition that she would surrender before the trial court on August 7 and furnish surety bonds to the satisfaction of the court.
Advocate Narinder Adiya had filed the complaint against Sawant on July 9 last year, claiming her comments -- allegedly made on a private television channel - had hurt the sentiments of the Valmiki community.
The actress had tendered "an unconditional apology" to the Valmiki community after its members voiced outrage over
her alleged remarks.
Recommended For You
- Modified Bajaj Avenger Looks Like a 1247cc Harley Davidson V-Rod - Watch Video
- Ranveer Singh Wishes 'Papa' on Father's Day 2019 with a Throwback Picture and Millennial Hashtags
- Net Bowler Hit on Head By Warner Shot Receives Signed Australian Jersey
- Ahead of India Vs Pakistan Clash in the ICC World Cup 2019, Bollywood Memes Are a Hit
- Karthik, Chahal and Shankar Visit Manchester United
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s