Radhika Apte Wins Best Actress Award at Tribeca Film Festival
Radhika Apte plays an ambitious city girl in her latest film Bazaar.
New York: Actress Radhika Apte, who has bagged the Best Actress award in the International Narrative Feature Film category at the Tribeca Film Festival, says the news “has not sunk in yet”.
Radhika won the award for the 'Clean Shaven' segment in 'Madly', which is a global anthology film featuring innovative love stories from some of the world's most visionary directors.
'Madly' has six segments in it with Anurag Kashyap having directed 'Clean Shaven'.
The segment also features actors Adarsh Gourav and Satyadeep Misra.
The competition winners were announced at an event here on Thursday.
"I was ecstatic when I heard about receiving the Best Actress award. It has not sunk in yet. I am extremely thankful to my director for giving me this opportunity. This is definitely very encouraging,” Radhika told IANS.
She was also co-awarded the Best Actress honour with actresses Tannishtha Chatterjee, Surveen Chawla and Lehar Khan for their work in 'Parched' at the 14th annual Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (IFFLA) earlier this month.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Could Google Pixel 4 Have Launched in India With Project Soli Radar Chip Disabled?
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Adorable Video Shows Man Dancing with Stray Dog in the Middle of the Night
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Rides Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 to Promote State Tourism