Raees Trailer: Shah Rukh Khan Is All Set to Bring Back 70s Style Drama to Big Screen
Looks like a full blown masala potboiler.
It's finally here. The much talked about trailer of the highly anticipated film Raees is out and lives up to everyone's sky rocketing expectation. Shah Rukh Khan looks menacing in the titular character of Raees Aslam, a dreaded smuggler based in Gujarat. Directed by Rahul Dholakia and co-produced by Excel Entertainment and Red Chillies, the film is reportedly based on Gujarat's dreaded smuggler Abdul Latif and highlights his life from the 1970s to the 1980s. While SRK plays the title role, Nawazuddin Siddiqui plays a cop out to nab Raees.
A day earlier, SRK released a brand new poster of the film which instantly reminds us of 1970s Bollywood. Dressed in a blue shirt and denims, SRK has uncanny similarity to Amitabh Bachchan's style in Deewar.
The film was recently in news for its leading lady, Pakistani actress Mahira Khan, who makes her Bollywood debut with the film. There were rumours that the film would not get a release owing to the recent ban on Pakistani artistes working in India. The film also features Atul Kulkarni, Zeeshan Ayub and Sunny Leone in a special song. The film is scheduled to release on 25th January 2017 but the crackling trailer has just made the wait very long.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nike Joyride Dual Run Review: The Running Shoe Revolution is Truly Underway
- Sonakshi Sinha's Befitting Reply to Troll Calling Her 'Salman Khan Ki Chamchi'
- Panipat Box Office Day 1: Arjun Kapoor, Kriti Sanon's Film Has a Slow Start
- 'Wish Indians Were Baggage!': Twitter Hails 'Polite' Luggage That Wait for Others to Pass
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli