Rahat Fateh Ali Khan: Initially, I Couldn’t Tolerate My Own Voice
The Pakistani singer catapulted to fame in India after his blockbuster song Jiya Dhadak Dhadak from the 2005 film Kalyug.
Though he has sung popular romantic tracks for several super-hit films, including Aaja Nachle’s O Re Piya, Om Shanti Om’s Jag Soona Soona Laage and Love Aaj Kal’s Ajj Din Chadheya, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan says that at the beginning of his career, he used to find it difficult to listen to his own songs.
Talking to Zoomtv.com, he said, “Initially, I could not tolerate my own voice. When I used to hear my songs, I wanted them to pass quickly. But then I realised that to do playback singing correctly and to know if I am making any mistakes or not, I had to listen to my songs over and over again. Only then I will know whether I am doing it correctly or not.”
The Pakistani singer, who catapulted to fame in India after his blockbuster song Jiya Dhadak Dhadak from the 2005 film Kalyug, still considers himself a student. “I tell myself that I first need to learn the song. I copy the expressions and then I portray it and interpret it in my own voice. But before all of this, it’s God's that I get my inspiration from,” he said.
On actors that he loves to sing for, he said, “Akshay did a brilliant job in Teri Ore (Singh Is Kinng). He acted so well that I could actually see the strain on his veins while he was performing. It was almost like he is actually singing the song. That was amazing.”
He also likes the way Shah Rukh performed Sajdaa for My Name Is Khan and Salman’s picturization of Dabangg’s Tere Mast Mast do Nain.
Follow @News18Movies for more.
Recommended For You
- 'Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai' Actress Aarti Chabria Ties the Knot With Boyfriend Visharad Beedassy
- India vs West Indies | Bhuvneshwar Back to Bowling, Unlikely to Return for West Indies Clash
- Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 4: Shahid Kapoor-Kiara Advani Starrer Earns Rs 88 Crore
- Deepika Padukone Slays in Chic Outfit in This Stunning Photo Shoot, Ranveer Singh Takes Full Credit
- All About IAF Mirage-2000 Fighter Jet: India's Hero in Kargil War 20 Years Ago and Now at Balakot
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s