Raising The Bar Trailer: Onir's Documentary Dealing with Down Syndrome is an Inspirational Account
The documentary focuses on their life stories- tales of love, determination, human spirit and their fight to break free of the stereotypes the society has enforced on them.
Image: Youtube/ A still from Raising The Bar
The trailer of Raising The Bar was unveiled on Thursday evening. Helmed by National Award winning director Onir, Raising The Bar is a 70-minute-long documentary. Onir's directorial, which deals with the inspiring stories of 6 individuals with Down syndrome, has won accolades at several international film festivals after it premiered at the International Film Festival of Melbourne.
The 6 individuals, hailing from two different continents, shared their tales at the World Down Syndrome Congress in Chennai. The documentary focuses on their life stories- tales of love, determination, human spirit and their fight to break free of the stereotypes the society has enforced on them. Down syndrome is the most common cause of intellectual disability and India has the highest number of infants born with Down syndrome worldwide at almost 30,000 per year.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2018: Can Dhoni Continue His Impressive Showing in Playoffs?
- Samsung Galaxy A6+ First Impressions Review: A Complete Package
- 2018 Hyundai Creta SUV Facelift Launched in India for Rs 9.43 Lakh, Gets Sunroof
- Royal Wedding: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Drives Jaguar E-Type Zero to Reception [Video]
- After Royal Wedding, Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Get Straight Back To Work