Raising The Bar Trailer: Onir's Documentary Dealing with Down Syndrome is an Inspirational Account
The documentary focuses on their life stories- tales of love, determination, human spirit and their fight to break free of the stereotypes the society has enforced on them.
Image: Youtube/ A still from Raising The Bar
The trailer of Raising The Bar was unveiled on Thursday evening. Helmed by National Award winning director Onir, Raising The Bar is a 70-minute-long documentary. Onir's directorial, which deals with the inspiring stories of 6 individuals with Down syndrome, has won accolades at several international film festivals after it premiered at the International Film Festival of Melbourne.
The 6 individuals, hailing from two different continents, shared their tales at the World Down Syndrome Congress in Chennai. The documentary focuses on their life stories- tales of love, determination, human spirit and their fight to break free of the stereotypes the society has enforced on them. Down syndrome is the most common cause of intellectual disability and India has the highest number of infants born with Down syndrome worldwide at almost 30,000 per year.
Recommended For You
- Hina Khan Accused of Rs 12 Lakh Jewellery Fraud; Actress Calls It a 'Tactic' of Her Haters
- 2018 Honda Jazz Launched in India for Rs 7.35 Lakh, Available in 7 Variants
- I'm Proud to be Identified As Shahid Kapoor's Brother, There is No Shame in It: Ishaan Khatter
- End of the Road for Affordable Android Phones? EU's Record Fine on Google May Hit Prices
- Railways Blames Corrosion, Excess Load Allowed by BMC for Mumbai Bridge Collapse