Rajinikanth Clears the Air, Says Won't be Face of Malaysian Tourism
Actor Rajinikanth on Friday rejected rumours of him being made the brand ambassador of Malaysian Tourism.
A file photo of Rajinikanth
Actor Rajinikanth on Friday rejected speculation of him being made the brand ambassador of Malaysian Tourism.
Talking to media, the superstar said that he met the Malaysian PM Najib Razak as he couldn't meet him during the shooting of Kabali.
Rajinikanth said,"I shot Kabali in Malaysia and couldn't get to thank him and express my gratitude to them so he came and we had a cordial meet."
Just had a very warm n friendly meeting with Mr Rajnikanth the Tamil superstar at his home pic.twitter.com/ICmWGV1ICI
— Mohd Najib Tun Razak (@NajibRazak) March 31, 2017
He added,"I wasn't offered to become brand ambassador. All these are rumors."
"Meeting on 2nd was long due as fans wanted photographs. Nothing political about that and no major announcement. 2nd April the fans are meeting and 11th to 16th I will be meeting them," he said.
Reacting on the furore over his Sri Lanka visit, Rajinikanth said, "I have given my statement. I am disappointed but It's all over and we will sort it out."
The actor has been in news since he announced his plans to visit Sri Lanka, which he had to cancel following opposition by few political leaders from Tamil Nadu.
Recommended For You
- #TheFWord: We Need to Get Over Chandni Chowk, and Dine on Delhi's Actual Culinary Treasures
- An Institute in Ladakh is Using a Car as 'Alternate' Roof, Anand Mahindra is Impressed
- Why Does Aquaman Need Bodyguards? Twitter Has a Laugh After Digging up Old Photo of Jason Momoa
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Turns into a Glamorous 'Star Traveller' for a Magazine Cover
- Laxman's 281 in Eden Test Saved My Career: Ganguly
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s