Rajkummar Rao's Newton Wins Top Honour at Berlinale
Directed by Amit Masurkar, 'Newton' revolves around a clerk placed on election duty in a conflict-ridden area of Chhattisgarh.
Image: Instagram/ Rajkummar Rao
Mumbai: Rajkummar Rao and Anjali Patel starrer political comedy Newton, which had its world premiere at 67th Berlin International Film Festival, won the Art Cinema award in the Forum segment. The festival started on February 9.
Sharing the news on Twitter, an excited Rajkummar tweeted on Saturday: "So happy to share 'Newton' has won the Art Cinema award for the Forum section at Berlinale. Congratulations team."
Directed by Amit Masurkar, "Newton" revolves around a clerk placed on election duty in a conflict-ridden area of Chhattisgarh.
Some 43 films were screened in the Forum segment at the festival, which concludes on Sunday. In which 29 had their world premieres.
The film is produced by Manish Mundra of Drishyam Films, company best known for bankrolling critically-acclaimed projects such as Masaan, Ankhon Dekhi and Umrika.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple HomePod is Finally in India; Hey Siri, Say Hello to The Amazon Echo Studio
- India Had a Big Role to Play in Apple’s Record Breaking Quarterly Revenues
- Miley Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth Single Again, Divorce Finalized
- Apple Sets a New Revenue Record as iPhones And AirPods Set Sales Charts on Fire
- Australian Open: Federer Gets Warned for Obscene Language During Quarter-final vs Sandgren