Rajpal Yadav Jailed for Three Months For Not Paying Loan of Rs Five Crore
Rajpal Yadav, Bollywood actor-comedian, will be taken into custody and kept in the Tihar Jail.
A file photo of Rajpal Yadav.
Rajpal Yadav, Bollywood actor-comedian, was sentenced to jail for three months by the Delhi High Court for failing to repay a loan of Rs 5 crore taken by his company to make a movie.
Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw ordered on Friday that Yadav should be taken into custody and kept in the Tihar Jail.
Delhi-based company Murli Projects had filed a civil case against Yadav's company Shree Naurang Godavari Entertainment for failing to repay Rs 5 crore which the actor took in 2010 to make his Hindi debut directional film Ata Pata Laapata.
Follow @news18movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Avengers: Endgame Director Says Cancelling Spider Man Deal was Sony's 'Tragic Mistake'
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III
- Swanky Cars, Snazzy Hairstyles and Tattoos: The New Lifestyles of India's Kabbadi Millionaires
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works