Ranbir Kapoor’s Sanju Beats Baahubali 2 in Australia, Set to Topple Padmaavat
Now, with a superhit like Sanju in his kitty, Ranbir is shooting for Brahmastra in Bulgaria.
Image: Twitter/Rajkumar Hirani
Film trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted that Sanju has already surpassed the business figures of Baahubali 2 in Australia. He wrote, “This is MASSIVE... #Sanju crosses *lifetime biz* of #Baahubali2 [Hindi] in AUSTRALIA... Now THIRD HIGHEST GROSSING *Hindi* film...”
This is MASSIVE... #Sanju crosses *lifetime biz* of #Baahubali2 [Hindi] in AUSTRALIA... Now THIRD HIGHEST GROSSING *Hindi* film...— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) August 6, 2018
1 #Padmaavat A$ 3,163,107
[IMAX, 3D, 2D]
2 #Dangal A$ 2,623,780
3 #Sanju A$ 2,409,125
4 #Baahubali2 *Hindi* A$ 2,407,933
5 #PK A$ 2,110,841@comScore
Australia isn’t the only market where Sanju is all set to become the box office king. The film has collected more money than Aamir Khan’s PK in India, in turn becoming the third highest grossing Indian film in the process.
Sanju, directed by Rajkumar Hirani, is about Sanjay’s struggle with drugs and his name involved in the Mumbai bomb blasts of 1993. But it was heavily criticised by the critics for whitewashing the actor’s image. The film doesn’t delve deep in the case of actor’s involvement in the blasts.
Now, with a superhit like Sanju in his kitty, Ranbir is shooting for Brahmastra in Bulgaria. Directed by Ayan Mukerji, the film also features Alia Bhatt and Amitabh Bachchan in lead roles. Brahmastra will hit the screens on August 15, 2019.
Recommended For You
- Happy Birthday Ryan Reynolds: 5 Lesser Known Movies of the Actor That Prove He is More Than Just Deadpool
- Chelsea Coach Marco Ianni Charged over Jose Mourinho Fracas
- Happy Birthday, Parineeti Chopra! Check Her Jaw-dropping Style Transformation in Pictures
- Documentary Suggests 26 Spot Fixes in Matches Across 2011-12 Involving England, Australia & Pakistan
- Xiaomi Diwali With Mi Sale: Discounts Lined-up on Mi Phones, Mi TV And More