Ranbir Kapoor’s Sanju Beats Baahubali 2 in Australia, Set to Topple Padmaavat
Now, with a superhit like Sanju in his kitty, Ranbir is shooting for Brahmastra in Bulgaria.
Image: Twitter/Rajkumar Hirani
Film trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted that Sanju has already surpassed the business figures of Baahubali 2 in Australia. He wrote, “This is MASSIVE... #Sanju crosses *lifetime biz* of #Baahubali2 [Hindi] in AUSTRALIA... Now THIRD HIGHEST GROSSING *Hindi* film...”
This is MASSIVE... #Sanju crosses *lifetime biz* of #Baahubali2 [Hindi] in AUSTRALIA... Now THIRD HIGHEST GROSSING *Hindi* film...— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) August 6, 2018
1 #Padmaavat A$ 3,163,107
[IMAX, 3D, 2D]
2 #Dangal A$ 2,623,780
3 #Sanju A$ 2,409,125
4 #Baahubali2 *Hindi* A$ 2,407,933
5 #PK A$ 2,110,841@comScore
Australia isn’t the only market where Sanju is all set to become the box office king. The film has collected more money than Aamir Khan’s PK in India, in turn becoming the third highest grossing Indian film in the process.
Sanju, directed by Rajkumar Hirani, is about Sanjay’s struggle with drugs and his name involved in the Mumbai bomb blasts of 1993. But it was heavily criticised by the critics for whitewashing the actor’s image. The film doesn’t delve deep in the case of actor’s involvement in the blasts.
Now, with a superhit like Sanju in his kitty, Ranbir is shooting for Brahmastra in Bulgaria. Directed by Ayan Mukerji, the film also features Alia Bhatt and Amitabh Bachchan in lead roles. Brahmastra will hit the screens on August 15, 2019.
Recommended For You
- IPL Auction: The Complete List of Players Sold in Jaipur
- Wish I Were from Pakistan: Sonu Nigam Takes a Jibe at Music Industry for 'Ignoring' Indian Singers
- Kanpur Wale Khuranas: Sunil Grover’s New Show is a Sad Spill-Over of Kapil Sharma’s Comedy Nights
- Rapper T-Pain Accused of Lifting Arijit Singh's 'Tum Hi Ho' Melody, YouTube Removes Video
- WATCH | Runs Made When Team Loses Shouldn't Count: Gambhir
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s