Ranbir Kapoor’s Sanju Beats Baahubali 2 in Australia, Set to Topple Padmaavat
Now, with a superhit like Sanju in his kitty, Ranbir is shooting for Brahmastra in Bulgaria.
Image: Twitter/Rajkumar Hirani
Film trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted that Sanju has already surpassed the business figures of Baahubali 2 in Australia. He wrote, “This is MASSIVE... #Sanju crosses *lifetime biz* of #Baahubali2 [Hindi] in AUSTRALIA... Now THIRD HIGHEST GROSSING *Hindi* film...”
This is MASSIVE... #Sanju crosses *lifetime biz* of #Baahubali2 [Hindi] in AUSTRALIA... Now THIRD HIGHEST GROSSING *Hindi* film...— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) August 6, 2018
1 #Padmaavat A$ 3,163,107
[IMAX, 3D, 2D]
2 #Dangal A$ 2,623,780
3 #Sanju A$ 2,409,125
4 #Baahubali2 *Hindi* A$ 2,407,933
5 #PK A$ 2,110,841@comScore
Australia isn’t the only market where Sanju is all set to become the box office king. The film has collected more money than Aamir Khan’s PK in India, in turn becoming the third highest grossing Indian film in the process.
Sanju, directed by Rajkumar Hirani, is about Sanjay’s struggle with drugs and his name involved in the Mumbai bomb blasts of 1993. But it was heavily criticised by the critics for whitewashing the actor’s image. The film doesn’t delve deep in the case of actor’s involvement in the blasts.
Now, with a superhit like Sanju in his kitty, Ranbir is shooting for Brahmastra in Bulgaria. Directed by Ayan Mukerji, the film also features Alia Bhatt and Amitabh Bachchan in lead roles. Brahmastra will hit the screens on August 15, 2019.
Recommended For You
- Nick Jonas On Engagement With Priyanka Chopra: Congratulates Himself on Landing Mrs Jonas
- Twitter Slams India's Youngest Billionaire, Paytm Founder, For Donating Rs 10,000 to Kerala
- Satyameva Jayate Director is on 'Box-office Sugar High', Producer Nikkhil Advani Asks Him to 'Calm Down'
- Biggest Legoland Park to Feature Eight Themed Lands in New York
- Vehicles Make Their Way Through Flooded Bridge in Kerala - Watch Video