Rape, Death Threats Cannot be Allowed on Twitter: Richa Chadha
Farhan Akhtar has taken a jibe at the management at Twitter and said rape and death threats should not be allowed or go unpunished on the micro-blogging site.
Image: Yogen Shah
"Top management at Twitter must re-group and decide what they would like their service to be remembered for.
"If it is for good, then they need to get smarter in its regulation. Rape and death threats cannot be allowed or go unpunished. Twitter," said Farhan late on Thursday.
Top management at Twitter must regroup and decide what they’d like their service to be remembered for.— Farhan Akhtar (@FarOutAkhtar) May 10, 2018
If it’s for good, then they need to get smarter in its regulation. Rape and death threats cannot be allowed or go unpunished. @twitter @TwitterIndia
Farhan's tweet comes after actress Richa Chadha spoke out about the constant death and rape threats she received for her opinion on Hindutva.
When Richa attempted to report the death and rape threat issued by the Twitter users, the social networking service responded saying, "No violation within context".
On Thursday night, the Fukrey actress re-tweeted Farhan's comment to the management.
Recommended For You
- Al Jazeera Sting: BCCI Awaits ICC Action Before Deciding Robin Morris' Fate
- IPL 2018: Chennai Super Kings — Journey to Final
- Cristiano Ronaldo Keen on Enjoying History as Real Madrid Hope for Stay
- 5 Reasons Why Samsung Galaxy S9 Beats OnePlus 6 to The Best Android Smartphone Spot
- Here's Why you Should Plan a Destination Wedding in Sri Lanka