Rape, Death Threats Cannot be Allowed on Twitter: Richa Chadha
Farhan Akhtar has taken a jibe at the management at Twitter and said rape and death threats should not be allowed or go unpunished on the micro-blogging site.
Image: Yogen Shah
"Top management at Twitter must re-group and decide what they would like their service to be remembered for.
"If it is for good, then they need to get smarter in its regulation. Rape and death threats cannot be allowed or go unpunished. Twitter," said Farhan late on Thursday.
Top management at Twitter must regroup and decide what they’d like their service to be remembered for.— Farhan Akhtar (@FarOutAkhtar) May 10, 2018
If it’s for good, then they need to get smarter in its regulation. Rape and death threats cannot be allowed or go unpunished. @twitter @TwitterIndia
Farhan's tweet comes after actress Richa Chadha spoke out about the constant death and rape threats she received for her opinion on Hindutva.
When Richa attempted to report the death and rape threat issued by the Twitter users, the social networking service responded saying, "No violation within context".
On Thursday night, the Fukrey actress re-tweeted Farhan's comment to the management.
Recommended For You
- Wriddhiman Saha to Undergo Shoulder Surgery in Manchester
- Borussia Dortmund Ease Past Man City in Champions Cup Opener
- 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 300 with ABS Launched in India for Rs 2.98 Lakh
- WhatsApp and Verificado: Understanding the fact checking tool that could be modified for India
- Kareena Kapoor Khan and Karan Johar Are the Perfect 'Pouting Soul Mates'; Here's Proof