Rapper Hard Kaur Booked for Sedition Over Online Remarks Against Yogi Adityanath, Mohan Bhagwat
A written complaint was filed by a local lawyer, Shashank Shekhar, on Wednesday, SHO Cantonment Vijay Pratap Singh said.
Image courtesy: Instagram/Hard Kaur
Varanasi: UK-based rapper Taran Kaur Dhillon a.k.a Hard Kaur has been booked for sedition for allegedly posting objectionable remarks against Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on social media, police said on Thursday.
A written complaint was filed by local lawyer Shashank Shekhar on Wednesday, SHO Cantonment Vijay Pratap Singh said.
The police have booked her under sections 124 A (sedition), 153A (promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion), 500 (defamation) and 505 (intent to incite) of the Indian Penal Code and section 66 of the IT Act, he said.
The complaint will be forwarded to the cyber cell for further probe into the matter, the SHO said.
Hard Kaur is known for her hit songs like Glassy and Move Your Body. She also owns a music label, Future Records.
In a similar controversy recently, journalist Prashant Kanojia was arrested and sent to judicial custody for alleged objectionable posts against Yogi Adityanath. He was released on bail after his filed a petition against his arrest in the Supreme Court.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Recommended For You
- Watch: Scary Video of Spider with a Human-like Face on its Back Goes Viral
- Neha Dhupia's 8-month-old Daughter Mehr Explains Monday Blues in the Most Adorable Manner
- Umpire Kumar Dharmasena Admits 'Error' in Awarding England Six Runs in World Cup Final
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 vs Realme X: Battle for the Value Champion Heats up
- Xiaomi Redmi K20, K20 Pro go on Sale Today: Price, Launch Offers and More