Rasika Dugal Goes Sans Make-up for Manto
Manto is based on the life of late writer Saadat Hasan Manto. Rasika would be seen essaying the role of Safia, his wife in the film.
Image: Rasika Dugal's team
Mumbai: Actress Rasika Dugal, who essays Safia Manto in Nandita Das' directorial "Manto", needed no make-up or prosthetics for her portrayal.
Manto is based on the life of late writer Saadat Hasan Manto. Safia was his wife.
"Srikant and his team did a fabulous job of designing the look of the characters. On most days I shot with no makeup. The team just found ways to tweak small things to show a change in the look over the years, since the story of the film is over six years and Manto and Safia go through a lot in those years," Rasika said in a statement.
"They are the tiniest of changes, but in my opinion, make a strong impact and affect the look of the character. And also really helped enhance the performance. We really didn't use any make-up or prosthetics. But the smallest of details were looked into by Nandita," she added.
Manto features Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the title role. It also features Rajshri Deshpande as a celebrated author, Ismat Chughtai and has a guest appearance from several actors including Shabana Azmi, Purab Kohli and Chandan Roy Sanyal.
The movie had a world premiere at the 71st Cannes Film Festival this month, earning positive reviews.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Map Now Available For Android And iOS: How to Download, New Features And More
- 'Look After My House': New Owner Finds Handwritten Letter Left By Girl 11 Years Ago
- Twinkle Khanna does Yoga with Curlers On, Akshay Kumar Captures the Moment Just Right
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018 Winners: Apple iPhone XS Max is The Undisputed Smartphone of The Year
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018 Winners: Huawei P20 Pro is The Best Camera Phone of The Year
Countdown To Elections Results
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results