Remembering Debbie Reynolds: Singing In The Rain Returns to US Theaters On January 15
This is a chance for cinema lovers to pay their respects to the Hollywood legend.
Image: Reuters Pictures/ Debbie Reynolds
Los Angeles Hollywood icon Debbie Reynolds' celebrated film "Singin' in the Rain" will be back on the silver screens for limited engagement, weeks after her death.
The 1952 musical will be screened on January 15 and January 18 in theatres across the United States of America, as the first movie in TCM Big Screen Classics series this year, reported Entertainment Weekly.
The Stanley Donen-Gene Kelly directed film was scheduled to be re-released as preparations were in full-swing to celebrate its 65th anniversary this year. In wake of deaths of Reynolds and her daughter Carrie Fisher, these screenings are likely to bear an elegiac feel.
However, this is also a chance for cinema lovers to pay their respects to the Hollywood legend.
Reynolds had passed away from intracerebral haemorrhage on December 28, 2016, a day after the death of Fisher, who suffered a massive heart attack mid-air.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- HS Prannoy Trumps Lin Dan to Enter Round 3 of World Badminton Championships
- Nine Nurses Who Went Viral for Being Pregnant at the Same Time Have Now Given Birth
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers
- Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's Weddings to Have This in Common
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?