Remembering Shashi Kapoor: Famous Dialogues of The Charismatic Actor
Here are a few of his famous dialogues, from a charismatic lover, to a suave middle-class hero and a righteous brother, Shashi Kapoor will be remembered for it all.
Image: News18 Creatives
A man of legacy who established himself not only as a star under the immense shadow of Amitabh Bachchan but also as an actor who revived the theatrical roots in his family, Shashi Kapoor was not any other Bollywood star, he was a silent era in himself.
The younger brother of Raj Kapoor and Shammi Kapoor, Shashi passed away at the age of 79 after a prolonged illness.
Kapoor made his debut as a leading man in the 1961 film Dharmputra and went on to appear in 116 Hindi films, including 61 films as the solo lead hero and 55 multi star-cast films, 21 films as supporting actor and special appearances in 7 films. He was a very popular actor in Bollywood during the 60s, 70s and until the mid-80s. Kapoor's early films, Dharmputra, Prem Patra, and Char Diwari, were in Hindi. Since 1961, he started acting in English language films, which include The Householder and Shakespeare-Wallah. He was one of India's first actors to go international.
Known for his work in films and theater alike, the silent romantic hero leaves behind a rich cinematic legacy. Here are a few of his famous dialogues, from a charismatic lover, to a suave middle-class hero and a righteous brother, Shashi Kapoor will be remembered for it all.
Recommended For You
- From Politicians to Movie Stars, Women are Sharing Their Favourite Saree Photos on Twitter
- Pooja Batra Nails the Minimal Bride Look at Intimate Wedding with Nawwab Shah, See Pics
- Did Netflix Just Give Out the Biggest Spoiler About Sacred Games 2 with this Cryptic Tweet?
- After HDFC Bank Warning to Customers About Fraudsters, AnyDesk Details Security Measures in Place
- ICC World Cup 2019 | Rohit And Bumrah Makes It To The ICC World Cup XI