Remo D'Souza Claims Cheating Case Against Him is False
According to media reports, a man named Satendra Tyagi filed a complaint against Remo that the filmmaker made him invest Rs 5 crore in a film production in 2014 and promised to return the money.
Remo D'Souza on the sets of Dance Plus Season 3. (Image: Yogen Shah)
Filmmaker and National Award-winning choreographer Remo DSouza, who reportedly moved Allahabad High Court for bail after a non-bailable warrant for cheating and extortion that was issued against him by a local court in 2016, says the case is false.
"There is a false case against me and my lawyer is taking necessary steps. Since it is in the legal process and my lawyer is handling it, I only can say this much -- the case is false," the filmmaker told IANS, about the case that was filed on September 23, 2016.
According to media reports, a man named Satendra Tyagi filed a complaint against Remo that the filmmaker made him invest Rs 5 crore in a film production in 2014 and promised to return the money. However, that never happened.
Apparently, Tyagi claimed that he also received life-threatening calls from the mafia, with a demand of Rs 1 crore.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Nailing Kapil Dev's 'Natraj Shot' Has the Internet Hooked
- Venice Regional Council Floods Minutes After Rejecting Steps to Combat Climate Change
- Meet Duo, the Two-faced Kitten That Defied All the Odds Despite its Medical Condition
- Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh Seek Blessings at Golden Temple
- Very Few World Class Bowlers in Test Cricket Now: Sachin Tendulkar