RGV Summoned For Poking Fun at Lord Ganesha
Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma has got summons for making fun of Lord Ganesha through his Twitter account.
File photo of filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma has got summons for making fun of Lord Ganesha through his Twitter account.
A court in Andheri issued the summons on the complaint of Vivek Shetty, social activist and managing director of Indus Communications, read a statement.
Shetty said: "I am delighted by the summons issued by the honourable court. I will pursue this case to it's logical conclusion and further I hope, this will go a long way in maintaining peace and harmony in society at large."
Varma in 2014 posted certain tweets and jocular remarks on Lord Ganesha, and they were condemned as objectionable and in poor taste.
From sharing a distasteful post on Sania Mirza to his views on actress Sunny Leone - Varma has got into trouble due to his Twitter posts off and on.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Hails 'Crusader' Sunitha Krishnan for Helping Sex Trafficking Victims
- Amitabh Bachchan Expresses Displeasure on Illness Rumours, Says 'All is Not in the World For Sale'
- Rhea Chakraborty Visits Blue Grotto Cave in Italy on Trip with Sushant Singh Rajput, Watch Video
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it