Right-wing Outfits Demand Criminal Case Against DJ Marshmello Concert's Organiser
Right-wing outfits protesting against American DJ Marshmello's musical show in Gurugram on Saturday, have demanded the registration of a criminal case against its organiser.
Image courtesy: Instagram
Gurugram: Right-wing outfits protesting against a musical show of American DJ-producer Marshmello in Gurugram on Saturday, have demanded the registration of a criminal case against its organiser.
Submitting a memorandum in this regard to Sub-Divisional Magistrate (north) Sanjeev Singla on Monday, members of these outfits said that it was wrong for the company to organise a musical show for enjoyment and raising funds when the entire country was mourning the death of 49 CRPF troopers in a terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama on Thursday.
"Musical shows are meant for celebration, not when there is sadness across the country. This is not acceptable," said Rajiv Mittal of the Akhil Bhartiya Hindu Kranti Dal.
Members of the Bharat Tibet Sahyog Manch, Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP), Bajrang Dal, Hindu Kranti Dal, Hindu Jagran Manch, Hindu Sena and Shiv Sena had on Saturday threatened to disrupt the show if it was not cancelled.
However, they could not do so following heavy police deployment at the venue.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Earns Double of Panipat in First Weekend at Box Office
- Sanjay Kapoor Shares Throwback Picture on His 21st Wedding Anniversary with Maheep
- Sania Mirza's Sister Anam Feels Grateful, Shares Snaps of Her Bridal Shower on Social Media
- Nike Joyride Dual Run Review: The Running Shoe Revolution is Truly Underway
- 'A Huge Day' - Pakistan Welcome Sri Lanka for First Test Tour Since 2009 Terror Attack