Rishi Kapoor Introduces his ‘Sleazy’ Character in Manto on Twitter
The veteran actor spilled details about his character in his upcoming film Manto, which stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the titular role.
A file photo of Rishi Kapoor.
After receiving applause from all quarters for his terrific performance in Anubhav Sinha’s courtroom drama Mulk, Rishi Kapoor is geared up for his next film — Manto.
He plays a film producer in the biopic of the iconic Urdu writer.
Kapoor took to Twitter on Wednesday to introduce his character to his fans. “Played this incorrigible sleazy “tharki” (flirt) film producer in “Manto” along with the terrific @Nawazuddin_S . Just a guest scene for dear @nanditadas. Don’t miss the pants being worn nearly at the chest (the fashion those days-perhaps),” he wrote.
Based on the life and times of Saadat Hasan Manto, the film received a warm applause at the Cannes film festival where it was screened this year.
Played this incorrigible sleazy “tharki”(flirt) film producer in “Manto”along with the terrific @Nawazuddin_S . Just a guest scene for dear @nanditadas Don’t miss the pants being worn nearly at the chest(the fashion those days-perhaps) pic.twitter.com/sbL66Xm3ty— Rishi Kapoor (@chintskap) August 15, 2018
Set in the pre-independent India of the 1940s, it is written and directed by Nandita Das, and stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the titular role of the tormented poet. Going by its recently-launched trailer, Manto could prove to be a landmark film for Nawaz’s career.
The movie also has Rasika Dugal, Rajshri Deshpande, Tahir Raj Bhasin and Paresh Rawal in key roles.
Jointly produced by Vikrant Batra, Ajit Andhare, Namrata Goyal and Nandita Das, it is slated to release on September 21, 2018.
Recommended For You
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt to Compete with Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, Saif Ali Khan on August 15
- Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill 2019: Drunken Driving to Cost Rs 10,000, Driving Without a Licence to Cost Rs 5000
- These Shirtless Pics of Nick Jonas Have Fans Gushing Over His 'Dad Bod'
- Best and Worst Day of my Cricketing Life – Guptill Looks Back at World Cup Final
- Fact Check: Did the 'Sun Baby' from Teletubbies Just Have a Baby of Her Own?