Rishi Kapoor On Why He Did Only One Scene in Manto
Rishi Kapoor says he chose to do a cameo in Nandita Das' film Manto just because he has "respect and admiration" for the actress-filmmaker.
A still from Manto (Image: Facebook/ Nandita Das)
"I have done one scene in Nandita Das' film 'Manto' in a cameo. Just for the respect and admiration I have for her," Rishi tweeted on Sunday.
I have done one scene in Nandita Das’s film “Manto” in a cameo. Just for the respect and admiration I have for her. Some mischief monger has tried to create a wedge between her and me. Absolutely untrue! I support the film and wish her all the best at Cannes Film Festival!— Rishi Kapoor (@chintskap) April 29, 2018
The 65-year-old actor's comments come after he said in an interview that working in Manto was a "wrong" call.
"Some mischief monger has tried to create a wedge between her and me. Absolutely untrue! I support the film and wish her all the best at Cannes Film Festival," he tweeted.
Manto is a historical period drama film about the controversial writer Saadat Hasan Manto who is known for his writings around the partition of India and Pakistan.
It is the only Indian film in Un Certain Regard category of the Cannes Film Festival, to be held from May 8-19.
The film also stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Rasika Dugal and Tahir Raj Bhasin.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra's Mother Strongly Reacts to The Cut Article: Don't Want to Give Publicity to Fools
- In Pics: Proud Mommy Kareena Cheers On As Taimur Wins First Medal at His School's Sports Day
- Honda X-Blade ABS Launched in India for Rs 87,776 at Vivo Pro Kabaddi League 2018
- YouTube Rewind 2018 is Out and Netizens are Calling it the Worst Ever
- Iconic Instagram-Friendly 'I Amsterdam' Sign Removed By City Due to Overcrowding