Robert Downey Jr-starrer 'Sherlock Holmes 3' Delayed an Entire Year to Christmas 2021
There's a bad news for Sherlock Holmes fans!
There's a bad news for Sherlock Holmes fans! The third film in the Robert Downey Jr-starrer popular movie series won’t be releasing next year. Warner Bros. has officially pushed back the release of Sherlock Holmes 3 by a full year.
The threequel, also featuring Jude Law, has been shifted to December 22, 2021, with its former Christmas Day 2020 slot going to an untitled WB event film, as per the studio.
While Downey will play the iconic British detective, Law will play his famous sidekick, Dr. Watson.
Based on a script by Chris Brancato, Sherlock Holmes 3 will hit the theatres a decade after the first sequel, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, debuted in December 2011 on its way to earning USD 545.4 million at the worldwide box office.
Sherlock Holmes, which was released on December 25, 2009, earned USD 524 million globally. Guy Ritchie directed the first two films.
(With IANS inputs)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Ever Goal