Kate Winslet, Rosamund Pike to Lend Voice in Moomins Animated TV Series
Kate and Rosamund will be giving voiceovers for animated series Moomins
Image: REUTERS/Fred Thornhill
Los Angeles: Actors Rosamund Pike, Taron Egerton, Kate Winslet, Warwick Davis, Matt Berry, Richard Ayoade, Will Self and Akiya Henry are set to lend their voices in new Moomins animated TV series.
Steve Box, who co-directed Oscar-winning movie Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit along with Nick Park, will helm the picture, being produced by Finnish studio Gutsy Animations, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Moomins, created by Finnish illustrator Tove Jansson, is a family of white, almost hippopotamus-shaped fairy tale creatures who have adventures in the fictitious Moominvalley.
They have been the basis for numerous television series and films. At Cannes this year, Alicia Vikander was announced as the lead of the voice cast for an upcoming feature-length stop-motion animated film.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected