Ruby Rose as Batwoman is the First Openly Gay Heroine in Superhero Series
Actress Ruby Rose makes history as the titular heroine of Batwoman, television's first superhero series led by an openly gay character.
Image of Ruby Rose, courtesy of Instagram
Actress Ruby Rose makes history as the titular heroine of Batwoman, television's first superhero series led by an openly gay character. "Everyone wants to play a superhero," Rose told Emmy magazine in an interview.
"Batwoman, in particular, means so much to me because she's so comfortable within her sexuality. It's a character that I wish I could have seen on television growing up. It's time. It's time to have a gay superhero."
In the interview, the actress of Australian origin also recalls how she started her career at seven, with modelling assignment. After a stint as a veejay on MTV Australia, she shifted base to the US to chase Hollywood dreams, reports "eonline.com".
"I packed up everything and came to the States with, like, two suitcases," she recalled. "And I didn't get anything for two years. Couldn't get a manager, couldn't get an agent, could not get a audition," Rose said.
To Indian movie buffs, Rose is best known as Deepika Padukone and Vin Diesel's co-star in xXx: Return Of Xander Cage.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022