Sachin: A Billion Dreams, Hindi Medium Made Tax-Free in Delhi
The government released an official statement, making the films tax-free.
Image: Reuters Pictures
New Delhi: The Delhi government has declared two movies, Sachin: A Billion Dreams, a docu-drama on Sachin Tendulkar, and actor Irrfan Khan starrer Hindi Medium, tax-free, an official said on Thursday.
"The government gave approval to make films Sachin: A Billion Dreams and Hindi Medium tax-free in the national capital. An order in this connection has also been released," the government official said.
Narrated by Sachin himself, Sachin: A Billion Dreams takes viewers on an inspirational journey and tells how a Mumbai boy went on to become the "God of Cricket". The movie was released on May 26.
Released on May 19, Hindi Medium story revolves around a couple who want to give their daughter the best education so that she becomes accepted by the elite.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Hails 'Crusader' Sunitha Krishnan for Helping Sex Trafficking Victims
- Ranveer Singh Reveals That He Takes Time Management Tips From Deepika Padukone
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Step-over Has Latest Victim as Juventus Star Scores 701st Goal | Watch
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right