Saiyami Kher Receives Dadasaheb Phalke Award For Mirzya
The actress starred in Mirzya opposite veteran actor Anil Kapoor's son Harshvardhan Kapoor.
Image: Yogen Shah
Mumbai: Actress Saiyami Kher, who made her Bollywood debut in Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra's film Mirzya, received the best debut award at the Dasaheb Phalke Excellence Awards 2017.
Saiyami was feted with the award on Friday night.
After receiving the award the, she said: "Dadasaheb Phalke belonged to my hometown, Nashik. I've grown up knowing what immense contribution he has had to Indian cinema. It's such an honour to have received an award from the Dadasaheb Phalke foundation."
The actress starred in Mirzya opposite veteran actor Anil Kapoor's son Harshvardhan Kapoor. The event was graced by many personalities including Zeenat Aman, Hema Malini, Javed Akhtar and Divya Khosla.
Recommended For You
- Motorola Power One Android One Smartphone With 5,000mAh Battery Launched in India at Rs 15,999
- Streaming Now: 5 Shows and Films Releasing on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hotstar This Week
- Watch: Chinese Biker Tosses Trash Back into Car. Is This What Indians Should Be Doing?
- Autonomous Driving Explained - Levels, Safety Issues and Driverless Cars in India
- PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani Open to Talks With BCCI Even as ICC Hearing Looms