Salman Khan Replies to NCW; Doesn't Apologise for His 'Rape' Comment
The NCW had issued summons to the actor asking for an explanation over his callous remark.
A still from 'Sultan'.
The National Commission for Women had issued summons to Salman Khan for his rape’ remark last week. The actor has now sent a reply through his lawyer.
Speaking to CNN News 18, Lalitha Kumaramangalam, the NCW Chief stated that Salman Khan has replied to the summons that were sent to him. Without divulging any details, Kumaramangalam stated that the reply was not apologetic in nature.
Salman Khan received strong criticism from all quarters last week when he tweeted about how the grueling schedule of Sultan made him feel like a raped woman. The NCW had issued notice asking for an explanation over his callous remarks.
While the actor has kept mum ever since the controversy broke out, his father, writer Salim Khan had apologized on his behalf.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan Gives Back to Tiger Shroff's Krrish Meme by Sporting Flying Jatt T-shirt
- Plumber's Re 0 Invoice for 91-Year-Old Ill Woman Earns Him Praises on Internet
- 33,000 People Want Oxford Dictionary to Change its Definition of 'Woman'. Here's Why.
- Sunil Grover Finally Breaks Silence on The Kapil Sharma Show Comeback Rumours
- Champions League: Unlucky Borussia Dortmund Draw 0-0 With Barcelona on Messi Return