Sanjay Dutt Recites Shlokas in Bhoomi
Sanjay Dutt has sung a few Sanskrit shlokas in his upcoming movie Bhoomi. He took precisely 60 minutes in the studio to deliver his part with no prior training.
File Image of Sanjay Dutt/ Yogen Shah
Mumbai: Actor Sanjay Dutt will be heard reciting a few Sanskrit shlokas in his upcoming film Bhoomi.
The untitled song is an edgy devotional number sung by Sanjay and Ajay Gogavale from the popular music duo Ajay-Atul.
The song, composed by Sachin Jigar, is inspired by maa - the divine mother of cosmos and represents the Shiv shakti concept.
Sachin Jigar said in a statement: "Sanjay Dutt is an all rounder. He can sing, act and dance effortlessly at the same time. He is a multi-tasking rockstar for us.
"He has sung a few Sanskrit shlokas and took precisely 60 minutes in the studio to deliver his part with no prior training."
The composers said they were looking to rope in an international singer like Alicia Keys to complement Sanjay's version, but due to time constraints "we couldn't".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Indian Tourist from Maharashtra Detained in Bhutan for 'Desecrating' Holy Buddhist Chorten
- 'Dayaben' Disha Vakani Looks Radiant as Ever in Her Comeback Appearance on TMKOC
- 'This is a Joke Right?' Trump Wrote a Bizarre Letter to Turkey and Twitter Had a Lot of Memes
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony