Satyajit Ray's 96th Birth Anniversary: Most Fascinating Shots From The Sets Of His Films
No one knew legendary filmmaker Satyajit Ray as closely as Nemai Ghosh perhaps.
Image Courtesy: A YouTube Grab
No one knew legendary filmmaker Satyajit Ray as closely as Nemai Ghosh perhaps. Ghosh was the principal photographer on Ray's film for over thirty years. Popularly known as the 'biographer of Satyajit Ray', Nemai followed the auteur's work from 1969 onwards when he was roped in to work on the sets of 'Goopi Gayne, Bagha Bayne'.
Ghosh not only captured stills of various movies by Ray but also the filmmaker in many moods while working on a film set or for that matter of fact doing illustrations intently in his study. There are photos of Ray putting final touch of make up on Soumitra Chatterjee's face, or sitting for a chat with Sharmila Tagore in between shots.
On Ray's 96th birth anniversary, here are the most captivating photos clicked by Ghosh on various film sets of the filmmaker.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Frustrated Kevin De Bruyne Raring to go for Man City
- Jawa Motorcycles Open 1st Dealership in Nashik, Total 11 Showrooms Across India
- Secret to Male Sexual Stamina is Veggies? PETA's New Ad on 'Toxic Masculinity' is a Total Facepalm
- After #10YearChallenge, BJP Throws Open #5YearChallenge to Show 'Modi-Era Progress'
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Win Hearts as They Twin in Melbourne, See Pics
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s