Selena Gomez Being Eyed As American Idol Judge
Selena Gomez might be the judge of American Idol 2017.
(Image: Selena Gomez/AP)
Los Angeles: Singer Selena Gomez is reportedly being eyed as a judge along with singer Katy Perry for the singing reality show American Idol.
"Producers think that Selena would be great to join the judging panel because she would bring in a younger crowd for ratings. She'd be considered the nice judge and they would love her to join because the impact she has on social media," a source told hollywoodlife.com.
"They are putting together a proposal for her and are hoping she will accept it and join the show, it's a long shot but they are taking the chance to get her. They'd love to have her signed up and all judges by mid-October," the source added.
Previously, reality TV star Kim Kardashian West was being considered to serve as one of the judges on the show as returning host Ryan Seacrest thought she would make a good addition.
Other celebrities rumored to be the frontrunners for the show are Lionel Richie, Charlie Puth, Luke Bryan and Keith Urban.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Taimur Accompanied Mommy Kareena Kapoor on 20-day Shoot for Laal Singh Chaddha
- #AmbedkarLongLive: Twitter Fondly Remembers BR Ambedkar on His 63rd Death Anniversary
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash