Shah Rukh Khan Responds to PM Narendra Modi's Voting Awareness Appeal with a Rap Video
Shah Rukh Khan has made a rap video to help increase voter awareness after PM Modi's appeal.
File photo of Shah Rukh Khan. (Image: AP)
While a number of celebrities responded to the PM on Twitter soon after, SRK took time to creatively respond to the prime minister's tweet. He has made a music video where he is seen rapping to get the message across. The video, titled Karo Matdan, features the 53-year-old actor grooving to the beats to assert that "voting is our duty."
In his tweet, SRK apologised for being late in releasing the video, saying that it took him time to come up with something creative. His production house Red Chillies Entertainment uploaded the video on their YouTube channel.
PM sahib @narendramodi ne creativity ki liye bola tha. Main thoda late ho gaya video banane mein...aap mat hona Vote karne mein!!! ‘Voting is not only our Right, it is our Power.’ Please Use It. Thank u to @tanishkbagchi @abbyviral @parakramsinghr . https://t.co/9280i8BnK3— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) April 22, 2019
The minute-long video urges citizens to vote, and ends with a disclaimer that it has been issued in public interest and not in support of any political party or candidate. The music has been composed by Tanishk Bagchi and the lyrics have been written by Abby Viral.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Recommended For You
- F1 Champion Niki Lauda (1949-2019): Know About the Daring Racer from Hollywood Film Rush
- Vodafone Prepaid Gets You 1.5GB Daily Data And Unlimited Calls For 365 Days, With a Citibank Credit Card
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: PUBG-Themed Flatmate Ad in Gurgaon is Looking For a New 'Squad Member'
- No! Manchester City Have Not Smashed the Premier League Trophy
- Video of Differently Abled Zomato Delivery Guy Goes Viral, Twitter Calls Him a 'True Inspiration'
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s