Shalmali Kholgade's Debut Single on Gender Equality
Singer Shalmali Kholgade's debut single Aye talks about gender equality and pitches for a world free of discrimination.
Mumbai: Singer Shalmali Kholgade's debut single Aye talks about gender equality and pitches for a world free of discrimination.
Her plea is not for women being superior than men, but offers a perspective to keep things equal between both genders.
The video has been directed by Shalmali herself and she has composed the song too. Two other songs are lined up to release soon after.
Commenting on the launch of the song and the video, Shalmali said in a statement: "I've waited too long to do this. No matter what the outcome, launching my independent career with this track gives me a feeling of fulfilment."
Shalmali has earlier sung popular tracks like Baby ko bass pasand hai, Balam pichkari and Daaru desi.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor Hits Back at Trolls Targeting Her Sindhi-Peshawari Lineage
- Couldn't Have Dreamt the Blessings God Showered on Me: Kohli
- Suhana Khan's Brother Aryan Parties with Ananya Panday and Friends, See Pics
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships