Shalmali Kholgade's Debut Single on Gender Equality
Singer Shalmali Kholgade's debut single Aye talks about gender equality and pitches for a world free of discrimination.
Mumbai: Singer Shalmali Kholgade's debut single Aye talks about gender equality and pitches for a world free of discrimination.
Her plea is not for women being superior than men, but offers a perspective to keep things equal between both genders.
The video has been directed by Shalmali herself and she has composed the song too. Two other songs are lined up to release soon after.
Commenting on the launch of the song and the video, Shalmali said in a statement: "I've waited too long to do this. No matter what the outcome, launching my independent career with this track gives me a feeling of fulfilment."
Shalmali has earlier sung popular tracks like Baby ko bass pasand hai, Balam pichkari and Daaru desi.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Sindhu, Srikanth Reach Quarterfinals at Indonesia Masters
- Ageless Leander Paes Has No Plans to Hang up Racket Yet
- Mercedes-Benz V-Class Luxury MPV launched in India, Prices Start at Rs 68.40 lakh
- Choreographer Ganesh Acharya on Tanushree Dutta #MeToo Case: Won't Support False Allegations
- Actress Hansika Motwani's Phone Hacked, Private Pictures Leaked Online
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s