Singer Buddy Greco Passes Away at 90
Buddy Greco, a jazz pianist and singer, who recorded more than 60 albums and had a hit with a version of The Lady Is a Tramp, is dead. He was 90.
A YouTube grab.
Las Vegas: Buddy Greco, a jazz pianist and singer, who recorded more than 60 albums and had a hit with a version of The Lady Is a Tramp, is dead. He was 90.
Greco died here on Tuesday here and the cause of his death is yet to be revealed, reports hollywoodreporter.com.
Born as Armando Greco in Philadelphia, he was hired at the age of 16 to sing on tour with Benny Goodman's orchestra. He left the band at 20 and returned to singing in nightclubs.
Greco's version of The Lady Is a Tramp was released in 1962 and sold over a million copies. He also appeared in TV series and films including Away We Go and The Girl Who Knew Too Much.
Among his popular pop, jazz and country songs are Oh look a-there, Ain't she pretty, Up, up and away and Around the world.
Greco is survived by his wife, Lezlie Anders, who often performed with him, and several children from previous marriages.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Roger Federer to Play French Open for First Time Since 2015
- Rafael Nadal Wary of 'Dangerous' Giant-killer Tiafoe After Berdych Rout
- World's Cutest Dog Boo Dies of Heart Break, Take a Look at His Cutest Moments
- Sridevi Bungalow: Janhvi Kapoor Walks Away When Asked About Priya Prakash Varrier Film
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2019: No cost EMI, Exchange Offers, Instant Discount on Phones, TVs, Laptops And More
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s