Singer Demi Lovato Rushed to Hospital for Apparent Heroin Overdose
Lovato, 25, who has spoken openly about cocaine and alcohol abuse in the past, released a song last month called “Sober,” saying she had relapsed after six years of sobriety.
Demi Lovato arrives at the Los Angeles premiere of 'Demi Lovato: Simply Complicated' at the Fonda Theatre on Wednesday, October 11, 2017. (Image: AP)
Los Angeles: Pop star Demi Lovato was reportedly taken to a Los Angeles hospital on Tuesday due to a possible heroin overdose, celebrity website TMZ said.
Lovato, 25, who has spoken openly about cocaine and alcohol abuse in the past, released a song last month called Sober, saying she had relapsed after six years of sobriety.
Representatives for Lovato did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Los Angeles police said they had responded to a medical emergency call on Tuesday involving a woman on the Hollywood Hills street where Lovato reportedly has a home, but declined to name the person.
TMZ, quoting law enforcement sources, said Lovato was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital from her home with what they said appeared to be a heroin overdose. Her condition was not immediately known.
Lovato shot to fame on Disney Channel shows Camp Rock and Sonny with a Chance 10 years ago, and went on to forge a pop career with hits like Skyscraper and Sorry Not Sorry.
Recommended For You
- World Emoji Day: There are New Disability, Food, Animal and Saree Emojis Coming to Your iPhone
- Why is The OxygenOS 9.5.9 Not Available For Many OnePlus 7 Pro Users in India Even Now?
- Game of Thrones S8 Creates History, Earns Record Number of Emmy Nominations Despite Backlash
- OnePlus 7 And OnePlus 7 Pro Get New Discount and Exchange Deals on Amazon After Prime Day Sale Ends
- Anand Mahindra Takes Twitter's Advice, Vows to 'Banish' Plastic Bottles From Corporate Boardrooms