Stereotypes Exist in All Professions, Says Dia Mirza
Actor and social activist Dia Mirza says stereotypes exist in all professions, and not just Bollywood.
A file photo of Dia Mirza
Mumbai: Actor and social activist Dia Mirza says stereotypes exist in all professions, and not just Bollywood.
"When I became a part of the film industry, people had the idea that girls who were having a good background, should not work in films. People shower so much love on actors, but when somebody in their family wants to become an actor, they become paranoid and think that acting profession isn't a good choice.
"These type of stereotypes exist in all professions," Dia, an environment activist, said at 'Power Women's seminar here on Thursday.
"Even women who are highly educated are considered as a curse because a section of people think that they can't have a good husband because they won't be able to manage home. So, to eliminate this type of mentality, we should discuss and talk on this," added Dia, who is married to Sahil Sangha.
She says the solution lies in financial power.
"The women who are financially independent, they can easily handle these situations."
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Ryan 'Deadpool' Reynolds' #10YearChallenge For Hugh Jackman as Wolverine Will Break Your Heart
- Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain Actress Saumya Tandon Blessed with a Baby Boy
- Here's Why Priyanka Chopra, Kendall Jenner & Gigi Hadid are Obsessing Over these Puffer Jackets
- Third Generation Suzuki Hayabusa Superbike Rendered, Gets Sleeker GSX Inspired Looks
- PUBG Mobile 0.10.5 Update Goes Live: Adds Royale Pass Season 5, MK47 Mutant But no Zombie Mode
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s