Stereotypes Exist in All Professions, Says Dia Mirza
Actor and social activist Dia Mirza says stereotypes exist in all professions, and not just Bollywood.
A file photo of Dia Mirza
Mumbai: Actor and social activist Dia Mirza says stereotypes exist in all professions, and not just Bollywood.
"When I became a part of the film industry, people had the idea that girls who were having a good background, should not work in films. People shower so much love on actors, but when somebody in their family wants to become an actor, they become paranoid and think that acting profession isn't a good choice.
"These type of stereotypes exist in all professions," Dia, an environment activist, said at 'Power Women's seminar here on Thursday.
"Even women who are highly educated are considered as a curse because a section of people think that they can't have a good husband because they won't be able to manage home. So, to eliminate this type of mentality, we should discuss and talk on this," added Dia, who is married to Sahil Sangha.
She says the solution lies in financial power.
"The women who are financially independent, they can easily handle these situations."
Recommended For You
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Shares Adorable Throwback Pictures From When She Was Aaradhya's Age
- Samsung Galaxy J6 First Impressions Review: Samsung's Premium Features in a Budget
- 2018 Hyundai Creta SUV Facelift Launched in India for Rs 9.43 Lakh, Gets Sunroof
- Watch: Madhuri Dixit & Renuka Shahane Dancing on Lo Chali Main Will Give You Major '90s Nostalgia
- Royal Wedding: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Drives Jaguar E-Type Zero to Reception [Video]