Stereotypes Exist in All Professions, Says Dia Mirza
Actor and social activist Dia Mirza says stereotypes exist in all professions, and not just Bollywood.
A file photo of Dia Mirza
Mumbai: Actor and social activist Dia Mirza says stereotypes exist in all professions, and not just Bollywood.
"When I became a part of the film industry, people had the idea that girls who were having a good background, should not work in films. People shower so much love on actors, but when somebody in their family wants to become an actor, they become paranoid and think that acting profession isn't a good choice.
"These type of stereotypes exist in all professions," Dia, an environment activist, said at 'Power Women's seminar here on Thursday.
"Even women who are highly educated are considered as a curse because a section of people think that they can't have a good husband because they won't be able to manage home. So, to eliminate this type of mentality, we should discuss and talk on this," added Dia, who is married to Sahil Sangha.
She says the solution lies in financial power.
"The women who are financially independent, they can easily handle these situations."
Recommended For You
- Brazil's Miranda Silences Argentina With Last Gasp Winner
- 20 Years of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: Karan Came and Narrated Utterly Crap Story to Me, Says SRK
- Shah Rukh, Kajol, Rani Celebrate 20 Years of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai; See Pics, Videos
- #90sMoviesIn2018: Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Taught Me a Very Skewed Idea of Beauty
- Samsung Galaxy W2019 Listed on TENNA Will Have Two 4.2-Inch Screens, 3,000mAh Battery