Steven Spielberg Subject Of HBO Documentary
Lacy interviewed more than 80 subjects for the documentary.
Los Angeles: Steven Spielberg is stepping out from behind the camera to be the subject of a new documentary. HBO's Spielberg, directed and produced by Emmy-winning documentarian Susan Lacy, will chronicle the illustrious filmmaker's ascent from a "bittersweet childhood" to his historic moviemaking career, reported Entertainment Weekly.
For the project, Lacy filmed 30 hours of interviews with Spielberg, who discussed topics like his long obsession with film, his early works as a TV "wunderkind" his string of blockbusters and more dramatic works, and his personal and professional relationships. The documentary incorporates clips and behind-the-scenes footage from several of his landmark films, such as Jaws, ET: the Extra-Terrestrial, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan and a host of others.
While Spielberg himself will narrate the film, his friends, family, and colleagues provide added insight. Lacy interviewed more than 80 subjects for the documentary, which ranged from celebrities to directors and producers, alongside industry insiders. J J Abrams, Francis Ford Coppola, George Lucas and Martin Scorsese are among the directors who were interviewed for the film.
Several actors Spielberg has directed also appear, including Tom Hanks, Harrison Ford, Daniel Day-Lewis and Leonard DiCaprio, along with many others. HBO will premiere the feature-length Spielberg on October 7.
Recommended For You
- David Dhawan Slaps Son Varun in this Fun Father's Day Video
- Modified Bajaj Avenger Looks Like a 1247cc Harley Davidson V-Rod - Watch Video
- Net Bowler Hit on Head By Warner Shot Receives Signed Australian Jersey
- Ahead of India Vs Pakistan Clash in the ICC World Cup 2019, Bollywood Memes Are a Hit
- Haryana Roadways Tried to Kill Me: Shooting Sensation Manu Bhaker Posts Photo of Accident
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s