Swara Bhaskar Starts Online Petition For Law Against Mob Lynching
Actress Swara Bhasker has launched an online campaign against mob lynching
A file photo of Swara Bhaskar.
Mumbai: Actress Swara Bhaskar has launched an online campaign against mob lynching on Change.org, demanding a ban on cow vigilante groups. The actress made an appeal to lawmakers for the enactment of a Manav Suraksha Kanoon (MASUKA) to stop such crimes.
In her petition, Swara stated, "I am an actress in the Indian Film Industry. But as a conscientious citizen of India, cannot allow these lynchings to take place... I, along with thousands of young Indians, stood up against this public menace in protests that were recently held across 20 cities in the world."
"We, together, said #NotInMyName, to such violence. Next day, PM Modi issued a statement condemning the killings in the name of gau raksha (cow protection). But even after vigilante
violence has continued."
The actress concluded her appeal, saying it was time for Prime Minister Modi to walk his talk as the youth of this a nation has elected the first PM born after independence. "We want him to preserve our social independence," she added.
Recommended For You
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Kapil Sharma Asks Fan to 'Fact Check' After Being Called Out for Disrespecting Women
- Nick Jonas Signalling I Love You to Priyanka Chopra is the Gold Standard for Romance
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers