Swara Bhasker Says Gratifying Act in Film Empowering In Yet Another Spunky Response to Trolls
Actress Swara Bhasker, who was trolled over a masturbation scene in her latest release "Veere Di Wedding", says showing a girl gratifying herself in a film in a non judgmental way is empowering.
Swara, who plays Sakshi in the film, was asked by a user on Twitter about "how masturbating related to empowerment, and that empowerment does not mean that one should masturbate in public. It's private".
The 30-year-old actress said: "Sakshi was in her 'private' bedroom, not public. Masturbation is about owning ur body, sexuality. Empowering. In a culture that largely silences or ignores or shames female sexuality showing a girl gratifying herself in a film in a non judgemental way is empowering.(sic)"
Swadeept! 1. Sakshi was in her PRIVATE bedroom.. not public— Swara Bhasker (@ReallySwara) June 6, 2018
2. Masturbation is abt owning ur body, sexuality. Empowering.
3. In a culture that largely silences or ignores or shames female sexuality showing a girl gratifying herself in a film in a non judgemental way is empowering https://t.co/PQXwaLsAku
Swara has been heavily trolled for the scene in the film directed by Shashanka Ghosh. It also stars Kareena Kapoor Khan, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja and Shikha Talsania.
Sonam, a close friend of Swara, has stood by the actress following the social media outburst.
Recommended For You
- Dravid Asked Us to Play Our Natural Game in England: Prithvi Shaw
- Sunny Leone, Daniel Weber Become Victims of Online Abuse For Sharing This Photo With Daughter Nisha
- Tahir Rested for SL ODIs as Proteas Assess World Cup Spin Options
- Deepika Padukone's Love For Ranveer Singh Is Unconditional, Here's Proof
- Anil Kapoor Feels His Niece Shanaya Kapoor Is 'India's Answer to Catherine Zeta-Jones'