Swara Bhasker Says Gratifying Act in Film Empowering In Yet Another Spunky Response to Trolls
Actress Swara Bhasker, who was trolled over a masturbation scene in her latest release "Veere Di Wedding", says showing a girl gratifying herself in a film in a non judgmental way is empowering.
Swara, who plays Sakshi in the film, was asked by a user on Twitter about "how masturbating related to empowerment, and that empowerment does not mean that one should masturbate in public. It's private".
The 30-year-old actress said: "Sakshi was in her 'private' bedroom, not public. Masturbation is about owning ur body, sexuality. Empowering. In a culture that largely silences or ignores or shames female sexuality showing a girl gratifying herself in a film in a non judgemental way is empowering.(sic)"
Swadeept! 1. Sakshi was in her PRIVATE bedroom.. not public— Swara Bhasker (@ReallySwara) June 6, 2018
2. Masturbation is abt owning ur body, sexuality. Empowering.
3. In a culture that largely silences or ignores or shames female sexuality showing a girl gratifying herself in a film in a non judgemental way is empowering https://t.co/PQXwaLsAku
Swara has been heavily trolled for the scene in the film directed by Shashanka Ghosh. It also stars Kareena Kapoor Khan, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja and Shikha Talsania.
Sonam, a close friend of Swara, has stood by the actress following the social media outburst.
Recommended For You
- Gold Review: Akshay Kumar, Mouni Roy Give Fans the Perfect Independence Day Gift
- Jio GigaFiber Registration Live: Everything You Need to Know
- Reliance Jio GigaFiber Pre-Bookings Start Tomorrow: Everything You Need to Know
- Independence Day 2018 : The Unheard Full Version Of Jana Gana Mana
- After Getting Married, I Don't Even Get That Much Time to Spend With Virat: Anushka Sharma