Swara Bhasker Says Gratifying Act in Film Empowering In Yet Another Spunky Response to Trolls
Actress Swara Bhasker, who was trolled over a masturbation scene in her latest release "Veere Di Wedding", says showing a girl gratifying herself in a film in a non judgmental way is empowering.
Swara, who plays Sakshi in the film, was asked by a user on Twitter about "how masturbating related to empowerment, and that empowerment does not mean that one should masturbate in public. It's private".
The 30-year-old actress said: "Sakshi was in her 'private' bedroom, not public. Masturbation is about owning ur body, sexuality. Empowering. In a culture that largely silences or ignores or shames female sexuality showing a girl gratifying herself in a film in a non judgemental way is empowering.(sic)"
Swadeept! 1. Sakshi was in her PRIVATE bedroom.. not public— Swara Bhasker (@ReallySwara) June 6, 2018
2. Masturbation is abt owning ur body, sexuality. Empowering.
3. In a culture that largely silences or ignores or shames female sexuality showing a girl gratifying herself in a film in a non judgemental way is empowering https://t.co/PQXwaLsAku
Swara has been heavily trolled for the scene in the film directed by Shashanka Ghosh. It also stars Kareena Kapoor Khan, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja and Shikha Talsania.
Sonam, a close friend of Swara, has stood by the actress following the social media outburst.
Recommended For You
- Last Weekend was the Worst for Bollywood Releases in a Long Time
- 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' Started These Questionable Trends and We Cannot Explain Why
- #90sMoviesIn2018: Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Taught Me a Very Skewed Idea of Beauty
- Google Pixel 3 XL Review: A Phone With a Human Touch Proves Perfectionism is Overrated
- Bollywood Star Salman Khan Spotted Driving Polaris RZR1000 in Dubai