Tamil Actor Bala Singh Passes Away in Chennai
Bala Singh passed away in a hospital in Chennai at 01:00 AM on Wednesday. His body will be kept for homage in Virgambakkam till eve and then will be taken to his hometown Nagarkoil for last rites.
Kollywood actor Bala Singh has passed away. He was 67. Singh was admitted at Vijaya Hospital in Chennai for food poison and was undergoing treatment there. He died on Wednesday at 01:00 AM. His body will be kept for homage in Virgambakkam till eve and then will be taken to his hometown Nagarkoil for last rites. Apart from films, he has also worked in several hit TV serials like Rudhraveenai and Aathira.
While he entered Malayalam cinema in 1983, it was his role in the 1995 Tamil film Avatharam starring Nasser and Revathi in the lead, which gained him popularity, reports newsminute.com.
Singh, who trained at the National School of Drama (NSD), began his acting career as a theatre artist. His popular works include-- Virumaandi, Pudhupettai, Saamy among many others. Singh was a part of Kamal Haasan’s Indian, releasing in 2020.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Edge 2 Review: The Game Gets Murkier and More Thrilling
- Bigg Boss 13: Will Himanshi Khurana Get Evicted from the House to Save Asim Riaz?
- Vikas Gupta Confirms Entry in Bigg Boss 13 with New Instagram Post?
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches
- Alia Bhatt is So Successful as She Didn't Inherit a Genetic Flaw from Our Father, Says Pooja Bhatt