Thackeray: 'No Other Film will be Allowed to Release with Bala Saheb Biopic,' Says Shiv Sena Worker
A local Shiv Sena leader said no other film would be allowed to clash with the biopic of Sena founder Bal Thackeray, set to release next month.
A still of Nawazuddin Siddiqui from Thackeray's trailer. (Image: YouTube)
A local Shiv Sena leader said Thursday that no other film would be allowed to clash with the biopic of Sena founder Bal Thackeray, set to release next month.
The party, however, distanced itself from the threat. Bala Lokare, secretary of Chitrapat Sena, a Sena-affiliated film workers' union, said in a social media post that the party will not allow any other film to release on January 25.
If anyone tried to release a film on that day, he will get a reply in "the Sena's style", he said. The biopic "Thackeray", produced by Sena MP Sanjay Raut and starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui, is slated for release on January 25.
Raut clarified that Lokare was not articulating the party's position.
"This was the Shiv Sainik's (Sena worker's) personal stand. This stand has not been adopted by the party," Raut said.
The film's trailer was launched Wednesday. According to media reports, the Central Board of Film Certification has taken exception to certain scenes in the film referring to Babri Masjid and the south Indian community in Mumbai.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Earns Double of Panipat in First Weekend at Box Office
- Steve Harvey Goofed up Costume Winner at Miss Universe 2019 and Internet Had a Déjà Vu Moment
- Sanjay Kapoor Shares Throwback Picture on His 21st Wedding Anniversary with Maheep
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders
- Walmart Apologises for Putting up Christmas Sweaters Featuring Santa Doing Cocaine