That's Not Just Some Girl, That's My Fiancee: Pete Davidson Comes To Ariana Grande's Defence
Actor Pete Davidson stood by his fiancee Ariana Grande when the singer was slammed for wearing a pendant of the former's late father's New York City Fire Department badge.
File photo of Ariana Grande. (Photo credit: AP)
Los Angeles: Actor Pete Davidson stood by his fiancee Ariana Grande when the singer was slammed for wearing a pendant of the former's late father's New York City Fire Department badge.
On Friday, the Saturday Night Live star shared a shot of Grande wearing a gold necklace with a pendant of the badge.
The sentimental piece of jewellry features "8418", the badge number worn by Davidson's father when he died during the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York City. Grande also has the number tattooed on the top of her foot, and Davidson, 24, has the same numbers inked on his left forearm.
One fan thought the necklace went too far, reports people.com.
"No girl should ever wear your dad's chain. So disrespectful," read one comment on Instagram.
Davidson then reacted by writing: "For your information, that's not just some girl, that's my fiancee. She's the greatest person I know. I gave it to her because she has my heart and that is the most precious thing I own. My dad would be so happy and love her so much."
Grande was moved, and told Davidson: "I love you more than anything."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Photoshopped Image of Cricketer Smriti Mandhana with Lipstick and Fairer Skin Causes Outrage
- Locust Biryani? Pakistan Minister Cooks Up Bizarre Method to Deal with Insect Infestation in Karachi
- Ali Fazal's Reply to Fan's Request to Ask Girlfriend Richa Chaddha to Unblock Him Will Leave You in Splits
- Rishi Kapoor's Throwback Picture Sharing Coca-Cola with His Siblings is Absolutely Adorable
- Best Postpaid Plan at Rs 999: Vodafone RedX vs Airtel MyPlan Infinity