The Marvelous Mrs Maisel Actor Brian Tarantina Died of Accidental Overdose: Medical Examiner
Brian Tarantina died on November 2 from intoxication due to the combined effects of fentanyl, heroin, diazepam and cocaine, said a spokesperson of Medical Examiner's office .
"The Marvelous Mrs Maisel" actor Brian Tarantina died due to accidental drug overdose, the New York City Office of Chief Medical Examiner has said.
A spokesperson of Medical Examiner's office told Variety that Tarantina died on November 2 from intoxication due to the combined effects of fentanyl, heroin, diazepam and cocaine.
The 60-year-old actor was best known for portraying Jackie, the emcee at the Gaslight comedy club where Rachel Brosnahan's Midge performs in the Amazon series.
At the time of his death, a spokesperson with the New York Police Department had said that the officers received a call about an unconscious person in a Manhattan apartment.
When the authorities arrived at the scene, they discovered Tarantina lying on his couch, and emergency medical services responded and officially pronounced him dead.
"Brian had been ill lately. He was recently in the hospital and was in the process of recuperating from what I believe to be a heart-related issue," a representative for Tarantina had said.
Tarantina was also known for his roles in shows such as "Gilmore Girls" and "The Black Donnellys". He also starred in "Heroes", "Law & Order" and "The Good Wife".
His movie credits include "Jacob''s Ladder", "Donnie Brasco", "Uncle Buck" and "Summer of Sam". He most recently featured in this year''s "The Kitchen", with Melissa McCarthy and Tiffany Haddish.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- East Bengal Fans Hold Anti-CAA, NRC Protest During Kolkata Derby in I-League 2019-20
- 'Kambal Chor' Trends on Twitter as Videos of UP Police 'Stealing' Blankets from Protesters Go Viral
- Australian Open 2020 Live Streaming: Where and Watch to Watch Live Telecast as 1st Grand Slam of Season Starts
- Gustav Klimt's Solen Artwork Worth $66 Million Found in Wall of Art Gallery from Where it Went Missing
- US Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley Becomes an Inspiration to All With Her Powerful Hair Loss Story