The Weeknd Donates $100,000 to Health Center in Uganda
The Starboy hitmaker was inspired to support the center after learning of his friend French Montana's work with Global Citizen.
Kampala: Singer The Weeknd has reportedly donated $100,000 to the Suubi Health Center, a maternity and children's medical facility in Budondo, Uganda.
The Starboy hitmaker was inspired to support the center after learning of his friend French Montana's work with Global Citizen and Mama Hope to help raise awareness for Suubi and the people of Uganda, reports eonline.com.
Montana also donated $100,000 to Suubi and launched an online campaign called #Unforgettable that has helped fund a blood bank, premature incubators, cribs and other maternity supplies.
The Weeknd's donation enabled Suubi to complete construction of the first floor of the maternity clinic and increase its capacity of serving 56,000 people to 260,000 people.
Recommended For You
- Spotify, YouTube Music, Apple Music, JioSaavn And More: Music Streaming Battles Have Just Started
- PUBG Mobile: Healthy Gameplay System Error Fixed, With an Apology for Shutting Out Gamers in India
- Trailers This Week: Avengers Endgame Drops New Hints, Vivek Oberoi Traverses PM Narendra Modi's Life
- HP Spectre Folio Review: There Are Premium Laptops, And There is This Setting New Benchmarks
- IPL 2019 | Mumbai Still Hopeful of Malinga's Participation
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s