The Weeknd Donates $100,000 to Health Center in Uganda
The Starboy hitmaker was inspired to support the center after learning of his friend French Montana's work with Global Citizen.
Kampala: Singer The Weeknd has reportedly donated $100,000 to the Suubi Health Center, a maternity and children's medical facility in Budondo, Uganda.
The Starboy hitmaker was inspired to support the center after learning of his friend French Montana's work with Global Citizen and Mama Hope to help raise awareness for Suubi and the people of Uganda, reports eonline.com.
Montana also donated $100,000 to Suubi and launched an online campaign called #Unforgettable that has helped fund a blood bank, premature incubators, cribs and other maternity supplies.
The Weeknd's donation enabled Suubi to complete construction of the first floor of the maternity clinic and increase its capacity of serving 56,000 people to 260,000 people.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mohun Bagan Fined Rs 3 Lakh, Asked to Clear Dues to 4 Ex-players and Former Coach Khalid Jamil
- Kartik Aaryan and Sara Ali Khan's Love Aaj Kal Slips at Box Office on Day 2, Earns Rs 20.41 cr
- The Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband is Good Enough to Deserve a Complete Review
- Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, S20 Ultra India Price Announced: Here Are All The Details
- Amazon, Flipkart Challenge India's New Tax on Online Sellers