The Weeknd Donates $100,000 to Health Center in Uganda
The Starboy hitmaker was inspired to support the center after learning of his friend French Montana's work with Global Citizen.
Kampala: Singer The Weeknd has reportedly donated $100,000 to the Suubi Health Center, a maternity and children's medical facility in Budondo, Uganda.
The Starboy hitmaker was inspired to support the center after learning of his friend French Montana's work with Global Citizen and Mama Hope to help raise awareness for Suubi and the people of Uganda, reports eonline.com.
Montana also donated $100,000 to Suubi and launched an online campaign called #Unforgettable that has helped fund a blood bank, premature incubators, cribs and other maternity supplies.
The Weeknd's donation enabled Suubi to complete construction of the first floor of the maternity clinic and increase its capacity of serving 56,000 people to 260,000 people.
Recommended For You
- Sanju Teaser Trailer Released, Ranbir Kapoor IS Sanjay Dutt In Upcoming Biopic; Check It Out
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra Looks Flawless in a Arpita Mehta Tiered Ruffle Saree; See Pics
- Venom Trailer: Check Out Tom Hardy In Upcoming Spider-Man Spin Off
- IPL 2018: The Curious Case of Sunrisers Hyderabad Pacers & Spinners
- Aladdin Review: Disney's Broadway Musical Creates Desi Magic, Charms Audience