Tom Hanks Was Keen to Play a Stormtrooper in Star Wars
Oscar winning-actor Tom Hanks wanted to play a Stormtrooper in "Solo: A Star Wars Story".
Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks wanted to play a Stormtrooper in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Hanks has been a frequent collaborator of Ron Howard's over the years. He was unable to land a cameo in Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Howard.
In a recent interview Howard explained the story behind it, reports imdb.com.
"Tom Hanks was interested in being a Stormtrooper. It would've been great. He was shooting and just couldn't get there. But now that Lucasfilm knows that Hanks is interested, I'm sure they'll work it out someday," Howard said.
Hanks is known for films like Saving Private Ryan, You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, The Terminal, Catch Me If You Can and The Circle. The film will find its way onto the small screen in India on June 10 on Sony PIX.
Solo: A Star Wars Story tells the story of how Han Solo met his future copilot Chewbacca before the events in the original 1977 Star Wars. The film is the second anthology film after 2016's Rogue One.
It also stars Alden Ehrenreich, Woody Harrelson, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Paul Bettany. The film released in India on May 25.
Recommended For You
- Kane Williamson’s World - What if India Had Dared to Embrace it Themselves?
- US Lawmakers Call Facebook's Cryptocurrency Plan Crazy And Delusional After Senate Hearing
- Mumbai Police Flaunts 'Khaki Swag' after #SareeTwitter Trends on Social Media
- From Politicians to Movie Stars, Women are Sharing Their Favourite Saree Photos on Twitter
- Life on Mars Could Owe Its Foundation to World's Lightest Solid, Aerogel: NASA-JPL