Tom Hardy To Star in Bosnian War Feature Film
Gavin O'Connor will direct and produce My War Gone By, I Miss It So featuring Tom Hardy.
Image: Reuters Pictures
Los Angeles: Tom Hardy is set to star in the Bosnian War movie My War Gone By, I Miss It So.
The 39-year-old actor will also produce the film, reported Variety.
The film is based on the 1999 book of the same name by Anthony Lloyd, an English journalist and war correspondent. Gavin O'Connor is attached to direct and produce, along with Scott LaStaiti.
"My War Gone By is a brutal yet sensitive story which addresses both the nature of addiction and the experience of war. I was struck by Anthony's work and words, experiences, and for me his is an important voice and an important book," Hardy said.
My War Gone By, I Miss It So is Lloyd's personal account of the Bosnian War, and alternates between his experiences in Bosnia and personal reflections of his time in the British army, his parents' divorce, his estrangement from his father, and his heroin addiction.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Renault Triber First Drive Review – Economical Genius