TV is Becoming a Fantastic Place for Storytelling: Naomi Watts
Naomi Watts who is playing the lead role in the Netflix's latest huge hit Gypsy says her switch to TV was not planned.
REUTERS/Gus Ruelas (UNITED STATES)
London: Actress Naomi Watts believes television is the best place to be for women.
But, the 48-year-old actress, who is playing the lead role in the Netflix's latest huge hit Gypsy, says her switch to TV was not planned, reported Digital Spy.
"Well, it wasn't like I was actively looking for a TV job, but it made a lot of sense to me. I'd seen it work well for many friends and people around me. It's definitely a strong movement, and we're witnessing a change.
"Certainly for women right now, it's a fantastic place for storytelling. Particularly this kind of character it's just hard to find someone that's both good and bad," Watts says.
The actress has also been involved in the Twin Peaks revival at Showtime, and recently joined Brie Larson and Woody Harrelson in the adaptation of Jeannette Walls's 2005 memoir The Glass Castle
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm